[DECtec] Problem Installing Ultrix on DECstation 2100 (MIPS)

Robert Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Sat Dec 20 00:42:28 GMT 2014

Had a quick go at setting up RIS, but when I try to install software to a new area and refer to the CD-ROM drive I get this:

RIS Software Installation Menu:

        1  Install Software to a New Area.

        2  Add Software to an Existing Area.

        3  Return to Previous Menu

Enter your choice: 1

You have chosen to establish a new remote installation environment.

Enter the device special file name or the path of the directory where the

software is located, for example, /dev/rmt0h: /dev/ra3a

/dev/nrmth: No such file or directory

Am I supposed to create /dev/nrmth? If so what is it, just a directory or something else?

Regards

Rob