DECtec.info Mailing List
The Mailing List is intended as an open discussion forum for users of all DEC systems. While I'm aware there are other Lists and newsgroups for various DEC platforms, I have felt since joining the community that there is very little 'general discussion' space for DEC enthusiasts. Hence I started the DECtec List to accommodate that.
- We have a full archive here, we would prefer it if you searched here before asking a question, just to be sure we haven't answered it before. Thanks.
- The List is an English language list. Please post in understandable English. We understand English is not everyone's first language and allowance is made for that. We aren't asking for Shakespeare either. We will not tolerate List Members acting as spelling or grammar Nazis.
- Please keep a polite tone and respect other's opinions and ideas. Some light banter will be tolerated but we reserve the right to call a halt to it if it gets out of hand.
- Please do NOT post HTML e-mail to The List. It's ugly, it's messy and some people using (especially console-based) e-mail clients find it very hard to read.
- Please do not attach files (executables, images, script files, etc.) to e-mails.
- We tolerate light off-topic banter, but reserve the right ask the participants to move a discussion off-List if it gets totally away from the subject in hand. This is a general discussion forum so anything regarding DEC, VMS or related topics is fine and stuff about general computing will be mostly tolerated as long as it's not along the lines of 'how do I install my printer in Windows' or 'where's the Alt key on a Mac'. Just keep it sensible and think before you post and we'll all get along fine.
- Adverts for commercial services and Job openings are not currently allowed. This may change or exceptions may be made provided you contact The List Administrator before posting.
- Offers of DEC or related equipment and software to give away or for a reasonable price will be tolerated, however keep everything in one post (don't post a mail for each item), and responses to such posts should be off-List unless everyone needs to know the answer.
- ANY Adverts or similar carry the usual 'caveat emptor' (buyer beware) warning. The List, it's admins and moderators carry zero responsibility for the integrity and honesty of people selling items. If you think a List Member has ripped you off deal with a law enforcement agency or a lawyer.
- If you have a legitimate complaint against a Member of The List for any reason please contact the Administrator off-List citing evidence to back up your claim and we will remove the Member or ban them from advertising again depending on the severity of their alleged misdemeanour.
- Please do not discuss or facilitate activities which are considered illegal, including but not limited to violation of copyright (on anything, not just software), hacking (of the bad sort)/cracking and anything else The List staff might think constitutes illegal activity.
- Discrimination of any kind will not be tolerated. Preying on Members, insulting them on The List or making an issue of any matter regarding race, gender, sexual orientation, disability and anything else we think falls into this category will be treated very severely.
- Distribution, discussion and facilitation of access to obscene or pornographic material will not be tolerated.
- If you have to settle a personal matter with another Member please do so OFF-LIST.
- If you are in any doubt about anything above, e-mail and ask a moderator or The List admin before posting.
- In all matters concerning the operation of The List, the List Administrator's word Is Final. Below that, the Moderators' word is final until such time as the Administrator gets a chance to look at the issue.
You can subscribe to the Mailing List HERE
All enquiries should be directed to email@example.com